- CAP: 13026
- Zona: Valsesia
- Altitudine: 906-1417 metri
- Sito web: http://www.comune.altosermenza.vc.it
This village rises on the confluence between the Egua di Carcofora and the Semenza di Rima streams, within the territory of the Alta Val Sesia Natural Park. Its peculiarity is the lake, created in 1925 to produce electricity and since then a favourite destination for fishing its wonderful trouts.
Since may 2014, at the Alpe Campo works the alpine slide.
A very comfortable mule tracks leads to the hamlet of Dorca, a 1300 village with interesting walser connotations. The seventeenth hundred parish church is dedicated to Saint James and in its interior there is a baroque altar and a precious painting of the school of Gaudenzio.
The village rises within the territory of the Alta Valsesia Natural Park, where the Nonaj stream flows in the river Sermenza. Also the footpath which leads from his San Giuseppe to the path of Monada and then to Alagna is very interesting.
The 1750 Parish Church is noteworthy. It is dedicated to Saint Joseph and in its interior there are frescoes of Orgiazzi and painting of Avondo.
This is the last village of Val Sermenza and the highest of the whole Valsesia. It is surmounted by the Tagliaferro mountain and is part of the Alta Valsesia Natural Park.
It was founded round the year 1300 by some Walser emigrants arriving from Switzerland. Their imprinting can still be seen in their traditional houses, with large balconies and in the spacious homburgs, in the local tradition and costumes and in architecture.
Local families were famous during the nineteenth century thanks to their artificial marble secret technique, used to decorate buildings in several European cities. This technique has been retrieved thanks to the exhibitions and courses held by the "Artificial marble school”. Several works testimony the talent and creativity of this population: the Oratory of Saint Mary of Graces dating from 1400 and containing a fresco from the same period, a seventeenth century golden wooden altar, paintings of Tanzio, da Varallo, Peracino and Orgiazzi; the Parish Church of Saint John the Baptist with its frescoes of Orgiazzi and Peracino; the seventeenth century San Nicolao Orator. Furthermore, making an appointment, it is possible to visit the collection of plaster casts "Gipsoteca Pietro della Vedova”.
A trekking inside the Natural Park can be very interesting, for example it is possible to go towards the Vallè hut, towards the Piccolo Altare path or, following the GTA (Grande Traversata delle Apli– Alps Great track) it is possible to cross the Mud path and reach Alagna.
- LA VECCHIA SCUOLA
- RIFUGIO ALPE CAMPO
- RIFUGIO BRUSA'
- B&B MARIA LUISA **
- POSTO TAPPA GTA
- LA POSA SUL LAGO **
- RIFUGIO VALLE'
- AZIENDA AGRICOLA VAL D'EGUA - Ospitalita' ru
- ALBERGO NONAJ **
- IL LAGHETTO ***