- CAP: 13012
- Zona: Vercellese
- Altitudine: 126 metri
- Sito web: http://www.comuneborgovercelli.it
It is the site of the ancient Bulgaro, founded by a barbaric population which settled here during the VI century.
At the beginning of the Sixteenth century the Fort of Sandoval was built, but it was totally disassembled after the Spanish siege in 1639: it must have had a quadrilateral shape with a cylindrical tower on each corner; one is still visible together with the remains of the perimeter pre-wall. Nothing is left of the Fort of Sandoval.
Consequently our attention moves to the Parish of Saint Mary of the Assumption, a parish already mentioned in 1186, rebuilt during the XV century and profoundly modified in 1888/89 by the Locarni.
The small church of the brotherhood of Saint Catherine is very suggestive and conserves a Virgin Mary with Child and two angels of the school of Lanino.