Vercelli - “F. Borgogna” Museum
The museum opened to the public in 1908 in an elegant neoclassical building. Visitors will appreciate its rich, high quality collections: 800 works displayed on three floors of the building, including furnishings, decorative arts, paintings, sculptures and graphics, created from the 15th to the 20th centuries.
Some of the most interesting pieces are the alterpieces and frescoes from the Piedmontese Renaissance, the painting by Divisionist Angelo Morbelli "Per ottanta centesimi!”, the monumental paintings by Giuseppe Cominetti about the topic of work, and the portraits by Ambrogio Alciati. Antonio Borgogna (1822-1906), the museum’s founder, was a lawyer and benefactor from Vercelli. He dedicated his life to collecting and travelled throughout Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. He also he set up an extensive museum-home that reflected his eclectic taste and appreciation for beauty that characterised 18th century collecting.
|Fondazione Museo "Francesco Borgogna"||Via A. Borgogna, 4 - Vercelli||+39.0161.252776 (biglietteria)|
+39.0161.252764 (sez. educativa); +39.0161.211338 (direzione)