Rimella –G. B. Filippa Museum
Zona: High Valsesia
We really can call this "the village museum”, because for the last two centuries, the villagers and emigrants have gradually enriched it. Created by Giovan Battista Filippa to unveil to his fellow villagers the scientific and cultural aspects of the world beyond the tiny Walser settlement: as well as the collection of minerals, shells and stuffed animals, it is possible to visit a section which comprises manmade objects, including books, coins, tools and parchments, some of which from the Napoleonic campaign in Spain. The pieces displayed in this ancient room, built in 1415, continue to grow in number, thanks to the donations of the people of Rimella.
|MUSEO G. B. FILIPPA||Fraz. Chiesa - Rimellaemail@example.com||www.comune.rimella.vc.it/Home/Guidaalpaese/tabid/13330/Default.aspx?IDPagina=5175|