Varallo – Varallo Picture Gallery
Zona: Medium and low Valsesia
Founded in 1886, this museum contains works of art done from the 15th to the 20th centuries. In particular, a large space is dedicated to important memories of the artistic vocation that moved from the Sacro Monte to characterise the entire Valsesia area over the centuries. The current layout includes a rich collection of sculptures from the Sacro Monte and the churches in the valley, paintings by Gaudenzio Ferrari and his students, including Bernardino Lanino. An entire section is dedicated to the works of Tanzio da Varallo and 17th century painting. A wing of the museum contains 18th century works, mostly from Palazzo d’Adda. Lastly, the collection of maiolica pottery dedicated to Francesco Franchi is one of remarkable importance. Recently, the museum has acquired the Remogna collection, which includes paintings by Camillo Procaccini and Giambettino Cignaroli.
|Pinacoteca di Varallo||Via Calderini, 25 - Varallofirstname.lastname@example.org||www.pinacotecadivarallo.it|