- CAP: 13038
- Zona: Vercellese
- Altitudine: 140 metri
- Sito web: http://www.comune.tricerro.vc.it/
Tricerro takes its name in the medieval epoch from the wood of Lucedio, which is characterised by a particular kind of oak, the cerro (N.d.t. Turkey oak).
The orthogonal structure of the free trade village created in 1218 left the parish of S. George outside (in baroque Piedmont’s style with a brick structure). At the extreme north of the village the newchurch of S. George was built to take care of the souls, positioned at the side of the main square and dating back to the second half of the 1500. Carried out with the reused bricks from the wall, in 1747 it was rebuilt ex novo and later on it was renovated many times.
Further more, in Tricerro we can find the church of the Brotherhood of S. Roch (a protective figure against illnesses and the plague which hit the village in 1501) and,just outside the built up area is S. Basilius.