Municipalities

Albano Vercellese

Headquarter of the Natural Park of the "Lame del Sesia”, Albano Vercellese is a small rice-growing village along the Sesia river.

In its square there is the Parish of the Assumption of Mary: built in 1837 with a neoclassical style, the building has a façade with two symmetrical bell towers and a four column pronaos. Via XX Settembre opens up in front of the church and it runs along the external wall of the Castle (XV – XIX century) : even if it was restructured in the XIX century the castle still retains some precious fifteenth century parts, such as the wonderful rectangular tower.

Before leaving the village, it is worth visiting the Holy Trinity Oratory: this ancient building, probably dating from the XII century, has precious fifteenth century frescoes, probably painted by Daniele De Bosis da Novara (1497-1528) which represents the Holy Trinity in a mandorla, the Evangelists, an Adoration of the Magi, the Twelve Apostles and Four Prophets.


Torna alla lista dei comuni