- CAP: 13030
- Zona: Vercellese
- Altitudine: 143 metri
- Sito web: http://www.comune.oldenico.vc.it/
It has very ancient origins, probably dating back to the IX – X century.
The only remains of the Castle of the Biandrate are the internal courtyard, part of the external wall and a part of the façade.
Through a Via Roma side street it is possible to reach the parish of Saint Lawrence, dating back to the thirteenth century but radically modified in the seventeenth century and between 1989 and 1901.
The Romanic church was organised into three naves covered with exposed wooden trusses, supported by quadrangular pillars made of bricks. Nowadays its central apse still represents one of the best examples of Romanic architecture in the area of Vercelli.
The originary façade was demolished to enable the church enlargement and it was then rebuilt ex-novo. The neo-Romanic capanna façade is surmounted by five polygonal stepples and is decorated with small arches and a central rose window.
The Romanic bell tower was built in the nineteenth century in a pseudo-gothic style. The frescoes in its interior are attributed to Tommaso Gagnola, a painter of Novara who worked in several areas of north –east Piedmont during the fifteenth century.