A pretty town in the Valsesia, which is the place where our valley and the lake Orta area meet.

The historic centre has many perfectly preserved buildings in Hispanic-Moorish style (XVIII century) which blend in well with the Valsesian architectural style of others; the many decorated fountains, public wash-houses and sundials on the facades of various buildings are worth note.

The Parish church of Saint Gothard built in 1600, with the vaults frescoed by Carlo Penna of Camasco and the oratories of San Rocco (1624) at the entrance to the town, San Carlo built at the end of the 1600s in Piandellavalle with paintings attributed to Antonio Orgiazzi and the sanctuary of the SS. Maria dei Sette Dolori in Frassineto (XVIII sec.) are worth visiting. At the Town Hall it is possible to visit, after advance booking, the Civic Museum "Ercole Durio da Roc”.

Around the town there are a variety of paths marking itineraries of varying difficulty and duration which may be made on foot or by bike.

One of the typical local products is the canestrini, biscuits which are distributed each year during the traditional Sagra dei Canestrini on the 15th August.

Torna alla lista dei comuni