- CAP: 13046
- Zona: Vercellese
- Altitudine: 189 metri
- Sito web: http://www.comune.livornoferraris.vc.it
The village took its current name in 1924, in honour of the scientist Galileo Ferraris, the famous inventor of the rotatine magnetic field.
Among the nineteen churches of Livorno, some used and some unchurched, is noteworthy the solemn and majestic Parish of Saint Lawrence, situated in the centre of the village and rebuilt on a pre-existing smaller church, dating back to the X-XI century, of which only the lower part of a bell tower is left. In its interior there is a which represents the martyrdom of Saint Lawrenceand, on the balcony over the vestry, a 1777 Serassi organ. Near the parish rises the church of the Holy Trinity (XVI century).
Coming down from the parish, towards the square Galileo Ferraris, there is the so called House of the Priest, dating back to 1666, and the old Town Hall Palace, which is now hosting the Civic Museum "Ferraris”. In the same square rises the sixteenth century Church of Saint John Decollated: in its interior there are two paintings representing the Crucifix (1676) and the Decollation of Saint John the Baptist (1680).
Via Cavour, Via Martiri della Libertà and Galileo Ferraris, once known as "route of the procession”, are rich in historic testimony. Along via Cavour there is the barroch church of saint Peter and Paul; along via Martiri della Libertà stands Palazzo Ciocca, at present headquarter of the local government offices and the church of Saint Franciswhich was rebuilt at the end of the 1300 and restructured at the end of the 1700; in Via Alighieri rises the impressive Medieval Donjon.
At the beginning of the road towards Lamporo, in a southerly direction, in the cemetery, rises the austere church of saint Andrew. Dating back to the XII century, it is part of the abbey of Saint Genuario. Towards Saluggia there is the church of the Blessed Virgin of Loreto (1625).. The church of Saint Maria of Grazie, was consecrated in 1611, and in its interior there is a precious painting of the Crucifix dated 1490.
Along the road to Trino there is an extended property, the inside of which stands the church of Saint Maria d’isana: right here, along the ancient Liburnasca road, in 1208 there was one of the oldest mansions of the Order of the Templars, with the annexed church, Sancta Maria de Ixane, which represented a safe shelter for all the pilgrims.
Located at "The Colombara", a farmstead with an enclosed courtyard dating back to the 1500s, is the small museum "La Risaia”, which describes the daily life carried out by the Mondine (seasonal rice weeders).
- Taverna Abbà
- Ristorante Taverna del Borgo
- Pizzeria Carpe Diem
- Bar Ristorante da Tiffany e Sharan
- Pizzeria Ristorante Sorrento
- Antica Osteria La Colombara
- Caffetteria Tiffany
- Caffè Principe
- Ristorante Da Balin
- Il Bar del Babi