Municipalities

Collobiano

This small rice-growing town is home to a grand Castle (XIII century and subsequent), remodelled over the years, strengthened during the French siege of 1704 and currently used a rural farmhouse.

Of the castle only one of the presumed five towers remains: this tower (later raised) still has the old swallow tailed battlements and shows the ancient corbels of the embrasures. On the right of the entrance the unusual octagonal corner tower is of particular interest.

On the opposite side of the road is the parish church of St. George: of Romanesque origin, the facade was remodelled in the XVIII century, while on the outside walls, divided by buttresses, there are faint signs of the frescoes dating back to the XV sec., among which a Saint George and the dragon.The bell-chamber is embellished by four twin lights. The inside is divided into three naves.


Torna alla lista dei comuni